With the uncertainty of how the 2020-21 school year will begin, we are implementing some technology changes to address some of the concerns raised while dealing with the Covid-19 closings in the spring.
These changes include the following:
- We have reorganized links on the school’s website to help finding appropriate links for Students, Parents, and Staff. Parent Links include the following:
This is a new application that is an effort to consolidate Communications between Parents/Students and Staff. It will also allow parents to obtain more information regarding assignments and grades for their children. Please See notes below.
FinalForms information must be updated annually and as needed. We use information from FinalForms to verify parent information and create other parent accounts such as Schoology. FinalForms is also used for the online signing of forms and for Emergency Contact information.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
The PowerSchool Parent Portal will allow parents to pay fees online, check their child’s attendance, and set up Voice Message Alerts, Text Alerts, and Email Alerts that are sent out by the school. These alerts include school delays, cancellations, and other notifications as needed.
- Cafeteria Links and Resources
Links are provided to allow parents to make online payments for Meal Payment and to manage your child’s or family’s dining account.
- Implementation of Schoology
Schoology enables our students, parents and teachers to engage with learning materials and their school community from the classroom and beyond. We begin using Schoology in our classrooms starting with the 2020-21 school year to enhance connectivity and communication across our school district.
With Schoology, students can digitally submit homework assignments, review grades, participate in interactive discussions, receive announcements and feedback, take tests, write academic blogs, and more. As a parent, you will be able to view your child’s activity within the platform.
- Why Schoology?
- Improve communication between teachers, parents and students. One application for ALL school related communication.
- Consolidate Communication and Student Assignments/Grades into one application.
- Provide expanded information to parents regarding classroom assignments and provide more detailed information on assignment grades.
- Mobile App Available.
- Schoology for Parents - Help and Resources
- Online Tutorials
- Online Documentation
- Available mid-July
- Parent Accounts will be created from parent Email addresses provided in FinalForms.
- Parents will receive an Email from email@example.com with login information when the account is created.
- Children will be added to parent accounts. Parent/Child associations will be created from information provided in FinalForms.
If you need assistance, have any questions, or have concerns, please contact the Technology Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.